Sunday, February 14, 2016

My healthy love affair


I am having an affair with an Australian.
 
I divorced rice and fell in love with oatmeal. We’ve been in this happy, healthy relationship for more than five years now. I spend the most important meal of the day with it, every morning, every day; the most romantic and intimate meal for me; the only meal that I take seriously. Oatmeal never disappointed me in my quest to lose weight despite my Hashimoto's syndrome, a condition that killed my metabolism. More and more, each day, oatmeal makes me realize that letting go of rice was worth it.

My oatmeal and I have been through good and bad times. I run to it for comfort  after a work out and look forward to it after a long run.
 
 
It inspires me to run faster and endure a race as I imagine having it after I cross the finish line together with Nutella or peanut butter, banana and coffee.
It’s the kind of bond that has stood the test of time and change of seasons. I have it during summer when I cook it dry with almonds that goes well with my iced coffee.  I enjoy it during rainy days too like a champorado when I cook it with a little more water and melted dark chocolate or just plain oatmeal with spicy sardines and.. coffee.

 
I usually have it for breakfast after a run before I head to work. I like it with my basted egg dashed with black pepper and basil leaves then I mix them like your rice bowl meals. I pair with cold buko juice and my newspaper.

Like looking for a partner or for a running shoes, finding the brand of oatmeal that would satisfy you is also important so you get what you deserve and what you exactly need. As an oatmeal lover, I must confess that I’ve tasted several brands already but ended up happily with Australian Harvest especially their rolled oats.

 
I like that it’s crunchy and fresh all the time. It doesn’t have that odd taste that people hate, that “cardboard” taste that turn others off.  It’s affordable and available in almost all the supermarkets around so it's there when you need it most.

Whether forever exists or not, this affair shall go on and on- joyfully.

Yes, I’ve settled down and married to an Australian… Harvest Oatmeal! J

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment