Friday, August 28, 2015

HO HO HOPIA!


Hopiang ube, macapuno, munggo. Diced, round. Japanee, Filipino, Chinese. Regular or special. I don’t care. I love my hopia. I have it every single day for my am snacks at around 10am along with my maybe, 4th cup of coffee for the day- during good days. I have it before and after a race.

I’ve become famous with it that almost everyone would give me hopia everytime they pass by a bakery, etc. Hopia and myself have been identified with each other just like how I've been known to loving coffee and nuts; running and advocacy.
 
 
I love hopia and it had a whole new different meaning when i became a Rebel- a member of fandom following Rhian Ramos and Glaiza De Castro of Thr Rich Man's Daughter TV show where we talk about "hopia" but with a different connotation. "Hopia" that their love story is real. Witty!
"Hopia- minsan pagkain, minsan ako." That is now the famous joke to refer to lovers who hope that the one they love would reciprocate their love.

Simply... hopia= hope.



 
Is this why I love hopia? I’m used to experiencing unrequited love (hugot pa more!) so maybe not that.

I love hopia for all the it is- fluffy, sweet, flavorful, cheap, goes well with coffee, comforting.
Hopia! That should be the theme of all our endeavors- to give hope to those who know us because we don't exactly what each other’s journey is so we shouldn’t judge. A runner on the heavy side struggling to finish a race shouldn't be looked down especially if we know that she's been trying; parents or employees who have little time to train but try to make the most out of whatever time they have should be admired, they deserve my hopia! :)
 

Hopia! For a nation baffled by hits and blows; of never ending struggles and challenges; of political inefficiencies and patronage; of disaster and poverty.
Hopia for vulnerable and neglected sectors that they'd eventually receive the respect and attention they deserve.

Hopia to those who dream and work hard to get them.
 
Hopia for you, hopia for me. Spread the hopia! :)

HOPIA HAVE A NICE DAY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment