Monday, July 12, 2010

The Flexitarian Runaholic's Pledge


Running is enough reason to wake me up very early in the morning, miss a good sleep, lace up and travel to as far as Bonifactio High Street from Quezon City to join races. But what motivates me more is the fact that by doing this, the thing that I truly enjoy, I also get the chance to extend help to the beneficiaries of these races. This is why I am so proud of my TBR Dream Marathon classmate and friend, Kassy (a.k.a.Flexitarian Runaholic) who thought of making her Standard Chartered Marathon- Singapore in December more significant by doing it for cause. It's admirable how she has taken the initiative to find a beneficiary and exert all efforts to make this happen. The least I can do is help her spread her call. Below is her invitation to all of us.


On 5 December 2010, I will be running a FULL MARATHON (42.2 km) in the Standard Chartered Marathon – Singapore in order to raise money for the Maple Tree Foundation. Although it will be a challenge for me to complete my first destination marathon race, I will be especially motivated by the excitement of knowing that it will benefit such a worthy cause.

I am asking friends and family to consider sponsoring me for this event. I have two ambitious goals – first to complete the marathon without sustaining any bodily harm and second to meet my personal goal of raising Php 10,000 – Php 100,000 for the Maple Tree Foundation (100%). I would greatly appreciate your kind consideration by making a donation towards this goal. All other form of donations (sponsorship) is, of course, well appreciated.

Being a runner, I wanted to take the opportunity to help my fellow citizen as this is one of my life goals- to help those who are in need. I believe in Maple Tree Foundation vision which is to help deprived and underserved mountain communities live healthy, productive, and peaceful lives with sustainable resource development programs that provide basic services, livelihood development, and education. For this, they need not to stay as less privilege citizen around Manila believing it will make their lives easier, well in fact, in their home town they can live comfortably and be educated.

You can make a difference . . . please join me in supporting a very important cause. Thank you for your support!

Sincerely,

Kassy


Note:

Please make all checks out to the Ma Katrina T Pajarillo and mail it to

Account# 3219 0081 89

Bank of the Philippines Island , Las Pinas branch

El Grande cor. Aguirre Ave., Ph. III BF Homes, Philippines, 1740

1 comment: